Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Rejoice With Me! Again!

This morning in our devotions, we read in Billy Graham's Hope for Each Day.  And then we turned to our scripture reading, Matthew 20, the parable of the workers in the vineyard. As we talked about what it might mean that God seems unfair, it's really His grace.   As we were discussing grace and how Jesus died for us and our sins, Joseph said, "I think it's time for me to accept Jesus."  I asked him what he understood by that. He said, "I can't believe He did all that He has done with just 12 guys. And I am so thankful that God sent Jesus here to die for my sins so that I can be forgiven." Jesus is still working in lives the way He did with the 12!
 
I am not sure why Joseph is so fascinated with the disciples right now, but I'll take it.
 
He has been asking a lot of questions lately, thinking hard about the sermon, wondering why when we read scripture it always seems to speak to something in our lives.
 
I am very thankful to all the wonderful Christian witnesses who have helped Joseph in making this decision!

No comments:

Post a Comment